AARP Tax-Aide

AARP Tax-Aide is the nation’s largest free, volunteer-run tax assistance and preparation service. It is available to taxpayers with low- and moderate-incomes and gives special attention to people age 60 and older.

The program has grown tremendously since it started in 1968 with four volunteers. Approximately 34,600 AARP Tax-Aide volunteers, trained in cooperation with the Internal Revenue Service, now help more than 2.6 million taxpayers file their federal, state, and local tax returns each year. The AARP Tax-Aide program is offered at approximately 6,500 locations nationwide in senior centers, libraries, community centers, and at other convenient locations.

Tax-Aide volunteers are trained to assist with filing the 1040 Form and the more standard of the schedules, including Schedules A and B. Taxpayers with complex tax returns are advised to seek paid tax assistance. Electronic filing (e-filing) is offered at most sites, with no charge to the taxpayer. E-filing ensures more accurate tax returns and faster processing of tax refunds.

2017 Tax-Aide

Tax-Aide will be available at the Haddon Heights Library every Monday, February 6 – April 10, except for February 20 (President’s Day). The program will run from 12:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. To find another site near you, please visit or call 1-888-227-7669. When you come to the library for tax-aide, please bring the following with you:

  • current year’s tax forms and preparation booklet
  • copy of last year’s income tax returns
  • W-2 forms from each employer
  • unemployment compensation statements
  • SSA-1099 form if you were paid Social Security benefits
  • all 1099 forms (1099-INT, 1099-DIV, 1099-B, etc.) showing interest and/or dividends and documentation showing original purchase price of sold assets
  • 1099-misc. showing any miscellaneous income
  • 1099-R form if you received a pension or annuity
  • all forms indicating federal income tax paid
  • dependent care provider information (name, employer, ID, Social Security number)
  • all receipts or canceled checks if itemizing deductions
  • Social Security cards or other official documentation for yourself and all dependents